Let’s be honest. Car accidents happen.
Unfortunately, car accidents are a daily occurrence in the United States. That being said, before you get into your car, you should be prepared to take the right steps in the case that you are involved in an accident.
If you are involved in an accident, chances are you may need to hire a car accident lawyer. However, minor accidents such as fender benders or accidents that yield a damage cost less than $500 generally do not require a car accident lawyer.
When you should hire a Car Accident Lawyer:
If you have been involved in an accident with large damages, if you have suffered injury or if you received little compensation, contact a car accident attorney! It is worth it.
We found this great blog post regarding instances in which you should contact a car accident attorney:
It would be prudent to at least seek advice from an auto accident attorney when:
- Liability is not clear or is shared between or among the parties.
- You have no idea how to evaluate your claim.
- The adjuster has asked you to provide medical records from prior to the accident.
- The adjuster has made you an offer and you think your claim is worth a great deal more.
- The adjuster is offering a structured settlement rather than a lump sum payment.
- You are not confident in your ability to negotiate a settlement on your own behalf.
- You have a claim of lost wages that is difficult to prove—for example, you are a consultant, a business owner, a sales person, etc.
It is imperative that you consult an auto accident attorney when:
- There are extenuating circumstances that make your claim more valuable and you don’t know how to prove your loss (for example, you’re a caregiver and can no longer take care of your husband or sick mother).
- The insurance company has denied your claim, you believe they are incorrect in their denial, and they will not reconsider.
- You are seriously injured with significant medical bills with or without residual disability.
- You are moderately injured with residual disability and will incur future medical bills.
- The injured party is a minor with more than slight injuries.
- Liability is being disputed and you believe you are not responsible or are only partially responsible for the accident.
- It’s been almost a year since your accident, you’re not close to settling your claim, and you don’t know what the statute of limitations is in your state.
- The circumstances surrounding the accident are complex and may require expert investigation.
- The other party to the accident has served you with a lawsuit.
Why You Should Hire a Car Accident Lawyer
A car accident attorney will help you compensate for any kind of losses that are not easily handled by your insurer. This may include medical costs, car damage etc. It is vital that you contact a car accident lawyer right away. A car accident lawyer knows the insurance industry and is prepared to help you recover losses.
How to Hire a Good Car Accident Lawyer:
You have just suffered a traumatizing event. You need a car accident lawyer who will help you through the process after the accident. It is important to hire a car accident lawyer that you can trust. Conduct a brief background check to ensure that the car accident lawyer you choose has plenty of experience and knowledge in the industry.